By: Apexus 340BPVP
In its annual budget justification to Congress, HRSA provided the four key areas on which the Office of Pharmacy Affairs funding priorities will focus.
Non-compliance with the 340B pricing requirements
- Support the 340B pricing system
- Publish policies for 340B ceiling price computation
- Establish systematic quarterly comparison: 340B ceiling prices vs. 340B selling prices (offered by manufacturers and drug wholesalers)
- Provide follow-up efforts to resolve problems wherever they arise in the data supply chain.
Continue to require the verification of eligibility of entity types in FY 2015 (annual online verification of records in the 340B database).
Errors and omissions in HRSA’s covered entity database
- Continue to require the verification of eligibility of entity types in FY 2015 (annual online verification of records in the 340B database).
- Program Regulations and Guidance
- Support implementation of program regulations and guidance (to provide oversight/integrity)
Office of Pharmacy Affairs Information System (OPAIS) IT Investment
- Supports the strategic and performance outcomes of the program, ensuring stakeholders have accurate 340B Program data on which to base their sales projections or other business decisions.
- The 340B online public access database
- The pricing module to be used to validate manufacturers’ calculations of the 340B ceiling price