Welcome to the July edition of RxStrategies’ 340B Insider, a concise communication to provide a quick highlight of updates from RxStrategies’ view.
UPDATES FROM THE 340B COALITION SUMMER CONFERENCE
It was great to connect with so many of our clients and industry leaders during the 340B Coalition Summer Conference in Washington D.C. In addition to being a Pinnacle Leader Sponsor of the conference, our team was pleased to be featured and present in several sessions, and sponsor the Charity Fun Run/Walk.
Thank you to those who were able to stop by our booth or visit with the RxStrategies team between sessions. We appreciated the opportunity to discuss key 340B industry trends and share current best practice approaches.
Rhodie Smith, RxS Vice President – Contract Pharmacy Sales, presented to 200+ attendees on the topic, “Tactics that will prevent duplicate discounts,” providing the deeper insight into the following:
- Tactics that will prevent duplicate discounts
- How to prevent diversion
- How and what to maintain for auditable records
- Internal 340B Self-Audits
- Policies and Procedures
- Reinvestment of 340B Savings
Contact us to receive a copy of the presentation.
We received very positive market response to our demonstrations of RxS’ enhanced platform solutions, including:
- Split Billing
- Dashboard Analytics
- 340B CompliancePlus (Self-Audit Tool)
We also received strong feedback on RxS ConfirmPlus in development.
Contact us to learn how our solutions support more effective 340B management or to arrange for a demo.
KEY CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS FROM RxS’ VIEW:
- Presentations and discussions during the conference pointed to the fact that the 340B program will continue to be under material pressure for the balance of the year.
- Key takeaways from legislative sessions:
- The U.S. Senate is proposing to take a slower, more bipartisan approach to any 340B program changes.
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce hearings have been quite contentious and adversarial.
- 340B Health provided very helpful messaging prepared for Covered Entities (CEs) and used to facilitate 250+ separate U.S. House and Senate meetings during Lobby Day and other meetings with legislators. Below are 340B Health materials to use in your continued advocacy efforts:
RxSTRATEGIES’ RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CEs:
- Develop and promote Impact Statements describing how 340B programs are benefitting your local communities.
- Leverage 340B Lobby Day messaging within your own districts including arranging for meetings with their U.S. Senators/Representatives at your CE site to highlight the positive impact the 340B program is making in your community.
- Contact your RxS account manager to discuss specific support needed.
340B INDUSTRY NEWS
Read below for recent news from 340B Health.
340B RECERTIFICATION FOR HOSPITALS WILL BEGIN 8/15
Annual recertification of eligibility for 340B drug discounts for hospitals will begin Aug. 15 and end Sep. 12.
The 340B statute requires hospitals and all other providers in 340B to attest once a year that they remain eligible, that their information on file with HRSA Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) is up-to-date and that they will comply with all 340B program requirements. Failure to recertify leads to removal from the program.
OPA is holding an informational webinar for hospitals on Wednesday, Aug. 8 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST.
- Call-in #: 800-967-7154
- Participant Code: 847321
- Join the meeting (https://hrsaseminar.adobeconnect.com/dpp_340b_pepi/)
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Join the RxS team at the following conferences:
NACHC Health Institute – Community Health Institute & EXPO
Aug. 26-28 | Orlando, FL
APHCA Annual Conference
Oct. 2-4 | Orange Beach, AL
ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
Dec. 2-4 | Anaheim, CA